Level one classes will be 2.25 hours of training split into three classes (45 minutes each). They will be on the following dates:
- March 19th
- March 26th
- April 9th.
I encourage you to attend as many as possible in order to pass level 1 training. They will be held at Central Park hopefully either on the tennis or basketball field.
Please bring the following forms with you to class:
- Vaccination forms (rabies and DHLPP)
- Read and Signed Paw-fect Pals Rules and Regulations and Registration Form (attached)
- 4-6 foot webb or leather leash (no expandable/extendable leashes)
- bowl and water for your dog. NEVER SHARE DOG DRINKING WATER BOWL WITH DOGS THAT DO NOT LIVE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD.
- a slip collar (should be a sliding chain which can be found for a few bucks at Wallmart. It should be fitted so that it is about 2” longer than the circumference of the dog’s neck (providing it will slip over the dog’s head easily), of appropriate ring size for the size of the dog. The collar should be put on with the loose end (the end that the leash is attached to) coming over the top of the dog’s neck. The collar is put on in this way so that when it is jerked and released, the collar will not stay tight and hurt. A flat buckle collar may be used is deemed acceptable after the first day of level 1 class.
- treats…lots and lots of treats!
Also, please remember that parents MUST stay for the ENTIRE practice. Visitors and prospective 4-H members are always welcome as long as they do not disturb the class.
Kathleen and Betsy will be teaching the level 1 classes this time and either of them or myself would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Brazos 4-H Archery Club President
Southwood 4-H Club County Council Delegate
Brazos County Council 2nd Vice President
Texas 4-H Clothing and Textiles Advisory Board Vice President