Next 4-H Saturday practice is Jan 4; we’ll have a basics and safety session for new shooters. Next JOAD Tuesday practice is Jan 7.
4-H Connect & Eligibility Forms
4-H Connect registration at https://texas.4honline.com. 4-H eligibility form can be found at http://brazos.agrilife.org/publications/ (as well as many other publications).
Recordbook information and links
Online 4-H Record book can be done at http://4hreports.com. This site also has links to instructions and videos. PDF and Word form versions can be found at http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/youth_recordbooks. This website includes additional tips and guides. To help members get started, we’ll have a record book party in late March or April. Record books will be due in late May.
District 9 Indoor Archery Contest
Full information found here http://d94-h.tamu.edu/eventsandcontests/shooting-sports/. I need to submit participation numbers so please let me know if you will participate ASAP.
- January 31 – February 1, 2014
- Yegua Center at Somerville High School, 616 8th Street. Somerville, TX 77879
- Online registration will close on 4-H Connect on January 20, 2014
- $10.00 / entry
4-H Archery Camp
http://tx4hnaturalresources.blogspot.com/2013/12/2014-texas-4-h-archery-camp.html. Brazos County 4-H Adult Leaders will reimburse for half.
- January 24-26, 2014
- Texas 4-H Conference Center, Brownwood, TX
- Registration open on 4-H Connect: December 5, 2013-January 9, 2014
- Limited to first 40 youth and 10 coach/adult chaperone registrants.
- Beginners & intermediates; must already know basic safety & range rules and whistle commands
Other Tournaments & Events
Please see our tournaments page at http://www.brazos-4h-archery.org/tournaments/ and the calendar at http://www.brazos-4h-archery.org/calendar/.
Shooting Sports Coach Training Schedule
Full schedule can be found at http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/files/2013/10/nat_rec_ss_train_schedule_13-14.pdf. Brazos County 4-H Adult Leaders will
reimburse for half. Registration on 4-H Connect. Notable date are:
- East Region SS Coach Training/Tyler
- January 25-26
- registration: December 5- January 9
- Hunting & Wildlife Leader Training/College Station
- February 1-2
- December 12-January 9
January Club Meeting
January 23 Thursday 7 pm @ Westminster Presbyterian Church