–UPDATE– The shoot has been canceled due to weather and ground conditions. We hope to reschedule for a later date.
When: Sat May 28, 2016
Where: 1715 Louis Street, Bryan, Texas 77803
8:30 am Check-In & Equipment Safety Check
9:00 am Orientation & Start
- No fee but donations welcome
- Six ends of six arrows, total of 36 arrows
- Clout with 42.5’ horizontal target on ground
- 4-H Seniors and Intermediates — 110 meters
- 4-H Juniors — choose 75 meters or 110 meters
For more information, contact: Pablo Herrera
- Water will be provided on site
- General 4-H archery rules apply, https://goo.gl/9x2J2L
- Age Classes
- Junior – grades 3,4,5
- Intermediate – grades 6,7,8
- Senior – grades 9,10,11,12
- Bow Classes
- Bare Bow
- Compound Unaided
- Compound Aided
- Mark your arrows for identification purposes
- The shoot takes place in outdoor wooded/grassy area; dress appropriately
- Must wear closed toe shoes
- There are critters and poison oak/ivy so wear pants
- Bug spray, cap/hat, and sunscreen recommended
- Mud boots may be needed if conditions are wet
RANGE RULES – These Rules apply to all members, guests, and visitors
- Children under 17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult.
- Wear closed toe shoes.
- Broadheads and firearms are not allowed on the range at any time.
- Bows must be drawn down range towards the target.
- No alcoholic beverages may be carried on or consumed on the range at any time.
- Before firing an arrow be sure the area behind and around the target is clear of all living creatures and objects that could be endangered.
- If you must look for a lost arrow place your bow in front of the target or leave another shooter at the target so others will know you are behind the target.
- Hunting or shooting at any living creature is not allowed on the range or property at any time.
- Wait until all arrows have been shot before going down range to pull your arrows.
- No glass containers.
- No smoking allowed on the range (only in the parking lot).
- Be considerate of other shooters and guests.
- Treat the property with respect. Vandalism and theft will be prosecuted.
- Always think and shoot safely. Let everyone have fun.
- There are women and children participating at our events. Vulgar or profane behavior will not be tolerated.
- No rangefinders allowed at competitive events.
- Cameras and/or video cameras are welcome.
- Spectators and friends are welcome. Please leave pets at home.